Monday, September 20, 2010

Pam and Ryan September 18th, 2010

When Ryan and Pam came to meet me for their first consultation and told me they wanted completely local wedding flowers I was in a bit of shock.  I am so used to designing based on other elements.....colours, theme, texture or price.  But with Ryan working for the conservation authority it was very important to him that everything down to the foliage was grown in our area.  thankfully I have a plentiful cutting garden at home and I live in the boonies to collect everything else!
I became completely immersed in searching for berries, pods and vines on my walks with my son leading up to this wedding and it paid off!  My favorite "find" was clematis seed heads for the bouquets and boutonnieres, they are curly and crazy looking.....perfectly Lush.


Bridal Bouquet of local calla lilies, sunflowers, button mums, dahlia, goldenrod, clematis seed heads, Diablo Ninebark foliage, Itea foliage and wild grapevine.
Brdiesmaids Bouquet


<>Grooms Boutonniere 
<>
Flower Girls bouquet of a sunflower, Diablo Ninebark foliage and Red Baron Grass


No comments:

Post a Comment