Monday, March 28, 2011

Chilly march wedding and a little young love

What a great freezing cold weekend to get these rusty joints of mine back in the swing of things.  I almost need to teach my fingers to move again after a long winter hibernation. 
I had the pleasure of working on the wedding of Teresa and Ryan.  Teresa loves gerbera and purple, like many brides I had to inform her that her favorite bloom really doesn't come in purple  (well some people would call it purple, I call them liars....it's pink!).  So I told her that she should accent white gerbera with a deep purple flower.  For anyone familiar with my work they would not be surprised to see moonvista carnations in her bouquet.  The groomsmen also had corsages of purple carns with greens (sorry for the lack of picture, I forgot about those beauties sitting in my cooler!)
bridal bouquet of gerbera and carnations
bridesmaids bouquets and bridal bouquet
 Teresa loved an arrangement of gerbera posted on my website, so I re-created them with a different colour scheme!
Centerpieces
YOUNG LOVE!
Last week I received one of the best phone calls ever.  I picked up the phone to hear "can you make me flowers for my girlfriend Sonya?" and after some promting "I love you auntie Melanie".
One of my besties had her 3 year old son call to ask for a corsage for his girlfriends birthday party.  How could I pass that up?  I made her the smallest corsage I could out of mini gerbera and purple ribbon (the theme of the weekend!
Apparently she loved it so much she wouldn't put it on "it will get bwoken!", instead she said she would wear it at home.  Ahhh young love.  So here is a pic of her special present from Brandon.


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous wedding work! I love the classic simplicity!
    I love that you are working with lovers young and old!

    ReplyDelete