Friday, March 4, 2011

A touch of spring

Lately this snowy weather mixed with a teasing of mild temperatures has got me counting the days until I can get back in the garden, play outside with my son and especially assemble the perfect wedding bouquet.
I needed a fix, so Elliott and I headed to the Niagara Parks Floral Showhouse for a taste of spring.




This place is so beautiful, if you haven't been you really need to check it out!  I highly recommend the hydrangea show.  http://www.niagaraparks.com/garden-trail/floral-showhouse.html

On another note I caught my first glimpse of emerging tulips this morning in the Lush Florals cutting garden, another sign that spring is on it's way.
Speaking of our cutting garden, that will be another large project that I will be expanding upon this summer.
We already offer many exciting cut flowers and foliage and branches for our brides, especially those wanting locally grown and pesticide free material.  I am sure much to my husbands delight more lawn is being removed to make way for more garden.  I am not sure if it is the florist part of me or the gardener part of me that is more giddy about the endeavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment